The Horde Watch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horde Watch

World of Warcraft guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter One – Power of the Naaru

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorath
General

Chapter One – Power of the Naaru Empty
PostSubject: Chapter One – Power of the Naaru   Chapter One – Power of the Naaru Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Lorath walked at a gentle place through the streets of Silvermoon with a cocky grin on his face, as the denizens of the city looked upon him in awe. Lorath delighted in the fact he had succeeded where others had failed, that he had braved the Orcs of Hellfire Penisula, that he had undergone the trials of the Blood Knight order and passed them all. He felt strong, and held his head proudly … So far had he come since he left Silvermoon four months ago.

Lorath had been summoned the temple … His mentor had something to show him, but he said he couldn’t say what in a letter and they must meet in person … But it was the key to greater power. Lorath brandished his heavy armour and two handed axe thinking he had been summoned for a trial, maybe his mentor wanted rid of someone. As Lorath approached the temple he stopped for a moment and peered in, everything seemed to be in order and without further hesitation he walked through the door.

Upon entering the temple Lorath was saluted by the other Blood Knights of lower rank, he nodded in return. Making his way toward his mentor Lorath couldn’t help feel on edge.

“Welcome home brother” Said his mentor.

“It is good to be back, though I wonder why it is you have called me here master?”

“Straight to the point as always, Lorath. Come with me”

Lorath was lead to the back of the temple down a flight of stairs lit by dim tourches, suspecting it may even be a trap … Perhaps he had upset one of the Master Blood Knights without knowing it and was being lead to his own demise. Before Lorath could ponder the matter further his Mentor spoke.

“Here we are. No one followed you? Good.”

Lorath’s mentor pulled a key on a chain from inside his plate armour. The key didn’t look ordinary at all, It had a magical glow about it Lorath guessed them must be something of great importance behind the door. Noticing his intrigue Lorath’s mentor spoke.

“If I die the key becomes useless, the key is bound to me and I to the key. If it is taken from me I will die aswell, thus rendering the key useless to the thief.”

“What is it here that could be so important to you Master?” Spoke Lorath.

“Take a look for yourself …”

The locks clicked open and the door gave way what Lorath saw he couldn’t quite comprehend.

“A Naaru!? Here?” Lorath exclaimed.

“Yes Lorath, this is where your power comes from, this Naaru is how Blood Knights came to be, how we may weave the same magic’s the Silver Hand … Uther, Arthas … Their power is our power now.”

“You have been to Shattrath have you not? You have seen Ad’al? Then you know how important it is they never know what we are doing here. If the Naaru found out we have one of their kind here held against its will the repercussions could be … difficult to deal with.”

“Incredible …”

Was the only word Lorath could come up with. Never could he have imagined this was the source of the power he was tapping into. Lorath eyed the room, four Blood Elf mages were constraining the Naruu, as it shaked visibly trying to resist. Lorath approached the Naruu in awe gazing upon the creature as it struggled to tear itself free from the bonds forced upon it by the Blood Elf mages. Lorath was about to turn when he heard something … looking around the room no one was speaking … Lorath moved back towards the door and he head the voice again, stopping dead in his tracks Lorath turned to face the Naruu. A bolt of bright energy surged out from the Naruu and struck Lorath’s head, feeling limp he slumped to the ground and lost consciousness.
Back to top Go down

Chapter One – Power of the Naaru
Page 1 of 1