The Horde Watch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horde Watch

World of Warcraft guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter Two – The Legacy of Saul

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorath
General

Chapter Two – The Legacy of Saul Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Two – The Legacy of Saul   Chapter Two – The Legacy of Saul Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Lorath climbed to his feet and eyed his surroundings. He was no longer in the temple basement of Silvermoon no … He was somewhere … Green … Lorath looked deep into the hills to see if he could work out where he was, then a sound caught his ear. Listening carefully Lorath could make out the sound of clanking armour behind him turning he climbed a nearby hill and looked around. He could see a Human running, being chased by a Troll it was a truly bizarre sight, the Human was dressed in rusty poor quality armour and a hammer strapped to his back, he was wearing a tabard that depicted a Golden Tower on a black background. Lorath raised his axe as the human was running straight toward him; he may as well help the Troll catch his prey. The human seemed oblivious to Lorath’s presence and continued to run toward him, when Lorath was in range he swung his axe down hard hoping for an easy kill, but instead staggering as his axe passed straight through the human and the ground!

“What … What magic is this?”

Lorath stood unable to understand what had just transpired. The Troll came running now, straight toward Lorath and ran straight through him! Confused Lorath tried to gather his thoughts but before he was able he noticed the he was no longer on green fields. He was in Iron Forge.

Lorath was rather terrified by now, in the heart of an Alliance city, alone with enemies all around him yet, none seemed to notice him. Everyone continued walking by as if he were not there. Lorath tried to tap a near by dwarf on the shoulder to get his attention but his hand just passed through the figure … Was he, a ghost?

“The Alliance Watch is looking for new recruits! Join me and defend our lands from the evil’s that threaten our kingdoms!” A voice bellowed.

Lorath turned to see who was shouting, it was the same Human he had seen moments before in the fields. There were others with him this time, wearing the same tabard, and more signing up. The Human looked stronger than he did before his Armour was of better quality and he carried a huge claymore. Lorath moved in for a closer look but as soon as he had started moving he was no longer in Iron Forge … No now he was facing the gates to Orgrimmar.

Lorath blinked, was he back to normality?

“Saul, call the Charge!” Someone yelled.

“For The Alliance! CHARGE!” Saul Yelled.

Lorath turned to find a huge cavalry charge ran headed toward Orgrimmar, unable to take cover Lorath tried to access his powers to protect himself, the magic fizzled and he was left unprotected. The cavalry change ran straight through Lorath, dwarves, gnomes, humans, and elves together as one they rode straight through the line of Horde defenders and started an all out war in the city gates. Lorath collected himself he had not been injured by the cavalry charge again it seemed he was unable to influence anything physical. Closing his eyes from a moment Lorath wasn’t outside Orgrimmar anymore … He was in the Blasted Lands.

Lorath was in some kind of meeting. As he looked about the room he realised he was at Nethergarde Keep, beside the Dark Portal. Again he was the Human … This time he was head to toe in Golden Plate with a huge black two handed mace. His eyes glowed with power and still wearing the Golden Tower tabard. There was around fourtey people in the room all of them looked battle hardened all of them wearing the same tabard. They looked to the Golden Human as their leader. “Saul” they called him.

“Thank you for attending, Watchers.” He said, as he saluted.

“You are Dismissed.”

As the warriors filed out of the building, Saul remained on his own for a moment, reading some charts that lay on the table. What came next surprised even Lorath, six humans as if from nowhere materialised around Saul cloaked in dark clothes daggers drawn, completely catching Saul off guard. The assassins went a simultaneous strike Saul cried out and a shield came up around him … Lorath noticed it was the same power he could tap.

“Don’t make this any harder than it has to be Saul, come quietly and you might yet live!”

“I will not kneel to scum such as you”

Saul raised his hammer and struck one of the assassins through his shield with a might blow, his hands glowed with divine power and the assassin fell.

“You will all die, traitorous dogs!”

Again Saul stuck out at the Assassins still protected by his shield he smashed another one across the room instantly killing him, the glowing barrier around Saul began to fade and the Assassins made their move blades flying at Saul from four sides like a dance of death. Parrying what he could Saul couldn’t avoid every attack, swining out he cleaved two more of the Assassins with a knocking them to the floor before calling hammers of judgement to finish the job. The two remaining assassins jumped clear of Saul they had made their marks, small holes in Saul’s Armour were visible from the multiple dagger strikes that had punctured his plate. Walking toward them Saul staggered down the stairs muttering the final words

“Traitorous … Dog … s …”

Saul collapsed on the table, and the Assassins removed their hoods.

“He killed four good men, I don’t see why we have to take him alive after that!” Said one of them.

“They want him alive, that was the mission statement, let’s get him back to SI:7, but we should take care no one spots us. He is well known by the common folk of Stormwind. I saw a cart we can use outside …” Said the other.

“I still don’t get why the Council wants him …”

“You shouldn’t ask questions, fool. Or you will end up like him.”

Lorath was uncertain what had transpired, but again he didn’t have time to dwell on the matter before he knew it he was in a dingy stone basement, looking at a prison cell.

“Saul, Saul, Saul … So we meet at last. I have hard a lot of your endeavours and you were given due warning to join the Council at a risk to your own health. You see we cannot have independent parties separate from the Council grow too powerful less our position in Stormwind be threatened. And the way you go around preaching that you’re not a follower of the light, when you are blatantly able to use the powers the light grants us is nothing short of blasmophey.”

The priest walked closer to the bars

“So how do you feel now mighty Saul? Where are your Watchers now? Searching for you the in Horde Lands? Fools.”

Saul spat at the Priest.

“Haha, yes still full of fight though.” The priest laughed, as he wiped the spit from his face.

“That will not do you any good here though, you are drugged and weak.”

The priest raised his hands and shot a bolt of light at Saul sending him crashing to the floor.

“Yes, yes, be a good boy now and stay down there.” The priest laughed.

“What do you want with me?” Saul asked.

“Want? Haha, we want you to die Saul! I think even you can manage that.”

“You won’t get away with this …”

“Oh I won’t? You think Stormwind will notice your gone? Saul, it’s Stormwind who wants you gone. You are a liability, a vigilante; your operations were causing more grief to the Alliance by escalating hostilities between us and other races. We’ll make it look like an accident, your body will be found by the Dark Portal … And it will just look like Saul bit off more than he could chew. The Alliance Watch will disband and we’ll have one less rogue group to worry about.”

Saul was visibly shaking with anger, from the ground he looked up and spoke.

“After all I have done for “The Alliance” this is how it ends. If I am ever free from these bonds I will kill you, I will kill your masters, I will burn your city, and destroy your nations. Mark my words. I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL FOR THIS.”

The Priest turned and spoke to a cloaked figure sitting nearby.

“I think it’s time for another dose, he’s getting rowdy!”

Saul’s was panting, his arms pulsing. He jumped to his feet while the Priest was still looking to other way, grabbing one of the Priest’s arms he yanked it through the bars and snapped it.

“ARRGGHH” The priest shrieked in Pain, as the cloaked figure dashed to his aid hitting Saul with another poisoned dart.

“I … WILL … Kill … You …All” Saul released his grip and fell to the ground, silent.

“Don’t feed him anymore, starve him. Just keep him alive.” The priest cast a spell and healed his wounded arm.

“We’ll kill him when the time is right.”

The cloaked figure nodded and went back to his post.

Lorath tried to soak up what he was seeing; perhaps it was a message from the Naruu? Or maybe fractured memories from where Saul used to call on its powers. Pondering Lorath was no longer in the dungeon anymore he was overlooking the Dark Portal. The Portal was open … Was he back? A cart rode through him … Guess not.

Lorath observed as the cart headed downwards toward the Dark Portal, it was the dead of night and strangely no guards were present. The cart stopped just short of the stairs to the Portal and unloaded a Golden Figure from inside.

“Finish him off, and the deed is done.” Lorath recognised it to the be Priest from Earlier.

The golden figure was Saul, still alive yet so weak he had to be carried. It took two them to carry him and put him in position. One of the cloaked figures drew his sword and thrust it through Saul’s armour as blood poured onto the Portal steps. Saul let out a faint cry but it was clear he was too weak to call for aid or protect himself.

“Let’s be gone from here before anyone sees us.” The three men nodded, the cloaked figures mounted the cart, as the Priest took one final look at Saul.

“No one will ever know what happened to you Saul, just another victim of The Burning Legion, what a tragedy.” Smiling he mounted the cart and they rode off.

Lorath was hoping this “Vision” would end, but it seemed it wasn’t quite over … He was somewhere dark, but wasn’t sure quite where … In some kind of cave or bowl of a building. He looked on the ground to see a mangled body, decayed and lifeless. Still wearing the Gold Tower Tabard. It must be Saul Lorath thought, but where was this place? Everything went white.
Back to top Go down

Chapter Two – The Legacy of Saul
Page 1 of 1