The Horde Watch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horde Watch

World of Warcraft guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter Eighteen - The Fading Light

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorath
General

Chapter Eighteen - The Fading Light Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Eighteen - The Fading Light   Chapter Eighteen - The Fading Light Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:00 am

Lorath had been experiencing problems focusing lately, normally he found using his power’s to heal a very straight forward task but things has become harder recently. Lorath found himself having to concentrate up to five times more than previously to cast a Holy Light and when he completed the spell it drained his energy greatly. Unable to seek out the Blood Knights in Silvermoon Lorath turned to Saul for answers. Heading to Undercity Lorath was troubled by the recent turn of events unable to make effective use of holy spells he was becoming weaker day by day.

Lorath quickly found himself at Saul’s quarters, and wasted no time in asking him questions about the current problem that faced him.

“Saul, my powers are fading … I can only heal a few times before I am exhausted … I used to be able to go on for ages! What could be wrong with me? Is it something to do with Ad’al?”

Saul sighed with his head in his hands

“You really are a fool aren’t you? You left The Order and refused to serve Ad’al. With Ma’ru gone where do you think you are drawing your power from now?”

“I … I don’t know …”

Responded Lorath

“Your faith is wavering and with it your powers to command the Light. You are exactly as I was, and because of this you must put your faith in something else.”

Saul said with a grin on his face

“Something … Else?”

Responded Lorath with a nervous tone.

“You have a weapon don’t you? It’s time to use it! Go and collect your battle gear and meet me in the courtyard.”

Commanded Saul.

Lorath did as Saul requested without question, he headed to the Undercity bank and withdrew his battle armour, it was thick with dust and cobwebs and some pieces had rusted. He had not used it since his training, almost a year ago. Strapping on the armour Lorath looked through his stash for a weapon, there was a Gladiator’s two hander and an Axe … Looking at the Axe Lorath recalled where it had come from, it had been given to him by a prisoner in Zul’Aman he called it “Trollbane.” Looking over the weapon Lorath brushed the dust from it’s blade and picked it up, it was heavy but he had become too used to wielding small maces, gritting his teeth Lorath headed up to the courtyard to meet Saul.

“There you are at last, I was beginning to worry that you had got lost. So an axe is it?”

Saul was sat from on a bench in the middle of the courtyard

“Yes, this is Trollbane … Though I do not know how to use it …”

Replied Lorath

“Then that is something we shall have to fix, while I may not be able to enter battle I can pass on what I have learned in my long years of melee combat, even you Lorath should be a better Warrior by the time I am done with you.”

Lorath and Saul stayed up all night, practicing thrusting, jabbing, cleaves … Everything they met each night and Lorath trained while Saul dictated. Days, and then weeks passed by Lorath’s holy powers fizzled even further as he drifted further and further from his roots but at the same time his ability as a fighter improved. New powers revealed them selves as Lorath headed down the path of Retribution, and for the first time he felt that the light had stopped shining over him as darkness crept in.
Back to top Go down

Chapter Eighteen - The Fading Light
Page 1 of 1