The Horde Watch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horde Watch

World of Warcraft guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter Eleven – Theramore, and Armabella’s Lost Letter.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorath
General

Chapter Eleven – Theramore, and Armabella’s Lost Letter. Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Eleven – Theramore, and Armabella’s Lost Letter.   Chapter Eleven – Theramore, and Armabella’s Lost Letter. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:08 am

Lorath waited patiently in Brackenwall Village, he had become quite tolerant of the various races of the Horde and their dwellings but he couldn’t help but feel sick from the stink of the marsh. Trying to keep his mind off the smell Lorath ran the plan through his head one final time.

Theramore was pretty much a coastal fortress there was no easy way in or out, the walls stood high and strong, marines were everywhere the clash of steel on wood could be heard from miles away as they trained intensely through out the day. If this wasn’t enough Jania the ruler of Theramore had been at the final battle against the Burning Legion in mount Hyjal all those years ago kept watch over her town from the central tower. It would be a hard task to scour but at least Theramore was isolated from Lordearon they would be out before reinforcements arrived, or so he hoped.

While Lorath was lost in his thoughts the Watcher’s began to arrive. Assembling the raid party Lorath proceeded to explain the objectives and assault points they would attack from the front gate after removing any sentries on the roads and surrounding towers, and then search all the buildings before pulling out.

Moving out of Brackenwall the Watch headed to Theramore the pace was quick this would be a hit and, slaying sentries as they went the Watch quickly approached Theramore the white walls stood out in the dark marshlands it was quite a sight to behold. Lorath rallied the Watcher’s on the bridge just outside of Town peering around he saw plenty of guards with weapons ready. Lorath took a deep breath before calling the charge.

“One! … Two! … Three! … Charge!”

He yelled and with that the Watcher’s moved in It seemed the walls had hidden a surprise The Shining Strand were waiting in defence Lorath guessed a sentry must have spotted them and escaped to call for reinforcements, it was too late now they would have to deal with them as well as the Guard. As the charge breached the gates and hit the Alliance lines intense fighting broke out in the centre of Theramore Lorath did his best to keep his allies healed with his powers but it was inevitable that some would fall to The Alliance. The battle raged as explosions, and steel on steel clashes echoed within the walls of Theramore. Lorath tried to keep his focus but couldn’t help but see Faenia run off into the distance deeper into the town and at the moment a Shining Strand rogue ambushed him smashing his armour with dual wielded swords. Raising his shield Lorath did his best to block the attacks until someone could help him, it made him realise just how ineffective at fighting he could be.

Alannia stormed in and struck the Rogue from behind knocking her to the floor in one blow, Lorath quickly thanked her and healed himself. Looking around the skirmish had just about fizzled out there were fallen on both sides, Lorath did his best to revive who he could before giving the order to search the town. Storming through the buildings one at a time the Watch searched high and low for Lorath’s underground chamber but nothing could be found. The Shining Strand has regrouped, mended their wounded, and were gathering for another attack at this point Lorath ordered the Watch to head to the docks.

As they approached the docks Lorath saw Faenia running from a boat toward them.

“Lorath! Look at what I have found!” She exclaimed with a crumpled piece of paper in her hand.

“Now is not a good time, Faenia! Move!” Lorath pointed behind them at The Shining Strand’s group. Fleeing toward the end of the docks Lorath called for defensive positions.

“Drive them back! We make our stand here!” Lorath yelled.

The Docks became subject to a fierce skirmish between the two groups many of the Watcher’s were fatigued from battle and drained of mana struggling to keep his own spells from fizzling out Lorath started to panic. As The Shining Strand began to push forward Luck was on Lorath’s side a transport ship bound for Menethil began to cut its ropes from the dock probably trying to avoid the battle.

“Watcher’s! Board that ship! Move!”

Disengaging the Alliance The Watcher’s made a run for the ship, leaping on board just as it left the docks. The Alliance mages hurled fireballs at the ship as it began to sail off but it was too late. Lorath headed straight for the Captain’s Cabin while the rest of the Watch persuaded the crew that fighting them was not in their best interest.

“Take us to Menethil as you planned, we will not harm you so long as give us safe passage.” Lorath said to the Captain

The Captain of the ship agreed nervously. Lorath ducked out of the Captain’s cabin and looked at Nebis.

“Make sure he doesn’t try anything.”

Nebis nodded. Lorath scanned the deck of the ship, most of the Watcher’s were resting and recovering after the battle that had erupted on the docks, Faenia approached with a crumpled letter in her hand.

“Here Lorath, take a look I think I found something …”

Lorath thanked her and took the letter, reading aloud the rest of the Watcher’s perked up.

Dear Armabella,

I know its been a while since we last met but I`ve been to busy with The Watch, I haven’t had time to see you.
But now I`m on top of things, I would love to see you again.
I will come and meet you on your ship in 2 days time.
Yours forever,
Saul
P.S I have made sure Sly will be busy with other things

Lorath stood pondering what he had just read, it would appear Armabella may have known Saul’s last movements and could perhaps provide vital clues for the search.
“Faenia … Do you know where Armabella is?” Lorath said thoughtfully.

“She is dead I think … her ship was wrecked near Silverpine Forest this is where I found the diary.” She replied.

“Hmm … Well at least it’s something to keep an eye out for. Dauzi! When we hit shore make us a portal we are done for today.”
Back to top Go down

Chapter Eleven – Theramore, and Armabella’s Lost Letter.
Page 1 of 1