The Horde Watch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horde Watch

World of Warcraft guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter Nine – A Master of The Light.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorath
General

Chapter Nine – A Master of The Light. Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Nine – A Master of The Light.   Chapter Nine – A Master of The Light. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Lorath awoke, everything was white. Was he … Dead? Trying to move everything hurt, he felt wet, cold, and severely weak. He couldn’t stand he lay helpless, closing his eyes and trying to focus he opened them again; he couldn’t die here not like this. Lorath could see blurry sand, and smell the sea he must have been washed down the river though weak he wasn’t dead but perhaps very close to it using the power of the Light Lorath blessed himself with his Lay on Hands spell calling on all his powers to mend his broken body and it worked. His wounds healed strength to his legs and arms returned. Blinking once more Lorath opened his eyes to see the world had returned to normal. He slowly got up and looked around he had been lucky this time if not for the Order’s training he would surely be dead.

Sabrina was no where in sight, but it didn’t surprise him she was outnumbered three to one and the sun was already up. Lorath must have been out cold for some time, muttering to himself Lorath spoke.

“You will pay for this …I will be a bump in the road no longer! I will see you all dead. All of you!”

Lorath felt deep anger flow through him, something that had never happened to him before.

“Lorath!” Someone yelled.

Lorath turned to see his Mentor.

“Master!?”

“Lorath, I am here to withdraw you from your assignment, you do not have the strength for this task and I believe I overestimated your abilities. You will return to Silvermoon and take on other duties, come.” Said his Mentor

“Master … I … I cannot do this.” Lorath answered

“Ha! Lorath you can’t even protect yourself! Take a look in the mirror, you know how this works.”

Lorath’s mentor drew his sword.

“Ignoring orders from your superiors is ill advised.”

Lorath drew his sword, crossing it with his Mentor’s.

“I will not back down this time, Master. It is time The Order let me stand on my own feet.”

Lorath’s Mentor’s expression turned from bad to worse.

“Fine I will take you back to Silvermoon a corpse then!”

Lorath saw the blow coming but was too slow to parry it properly the attack slid from his sword and struck him on the shoulder denting his armour. Unable to properly rebalance himself Lorath was struck two more times on either side of his chest knocking the breath from his lungs and sending him to the ground.

“I liked you Lorath, but you are too weak to be a Blood Knight. You have had months to master your skills and yet you still fall short. Killing you here is probably best for both of us. I can’t believe the Naaru instilled his visions on a failure like you! All the council talks about is Lorath this, and Lorath that. It’s as if I don’t exist anymore. But we shall fix that now oh yes!”

Lorath’s Mentor raised his sword with both hands over his head and prepared to deliver the killing blow.

“No! Enough!” Lorath yelled.

Lorath’s eyes glowed as he activated his shield the blow from his Mentor bounced off effortlessly. Lorath stood eyes still glowing, and fists shaking, he healed himself with a Holy Light spell, blessed, and readied his Seals.

“I will not yield to you. Nor will I die here; I am tired of being looked down upon. You are not my Master, I am my own.”

Lorath’s words surprised even himself and his hands were shaking violently as if he was about to explode, gripping his sword so tightly it looked as if he would crush the grip. Taking a deep breath he let out all of his rage and a heroic scream as his shield faded.

Lorath darted forward as his Mentor readied to parry his blow. Lorath put every ounce of energy, power and strength he had into his strike the feeling was so intense he felt his back burn. Lorath struck his Mentor’s sword as the blades met Lorath’s sword began to burn violently with holy power.

“No … It cannot be!” His Mentor yelped.

Lorath cleaved through his Mentor’s sword like a knife through warm butter and went onward to sever his arm clean off. Not stopping Lorath raised his sword quickly in a singular motion and swung head high ripping his Mentor’s head clean off. The body fell to the ground blood everywhere limp and lifeless.

Lorath still had a burning sensation in his back; from the corner of his eye he could see he had sprouted wings of holy energy. Avenging Wrath they had called it at the Order … Only true masters of the Light were able to conjure them. Though Lorath had killed his Master he was not concerned, such things were almost common place in the Blood Knight Order it wasn’t the first, and probably the last time he would have to kill members of it. It was the way of things to keep the weak out and the strong in. Evidently Lorath was strong enough. As the Avenging Wrath dissipated Lorath summoned his charger, reporting to the Order would have to wait, Sabrina probably thought he was dead … Not surprisingly but he should make The Watch aware of the fact he was still alive as soon as possible.

Taking one last look at the body of his former mentor, Lorath looked onwards to the morning sun and with that he rode onwards to Undercity.
Back to top Go down

Chapter Nine – A Master of The Light.
Page 1 of 1