The Horde Watch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horde Watch

World of Warcraft guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Meave

Meave

Character sheet
The Horde Watch:

Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined] Empty
PostSubject: Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined]   Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:08 am

- Go faster, your fel-damned pile of... bones!

Eyes squinting against the whirling snow she kicked the horse again, her heels just meeting the cloth hiding it's skeletal frame. Of course nothing she said would make it go any faster, but the effort was at least there. She had to get as far away as possible from the others, and that fast! Her former officers wouldn't let her escape one more time, especially not when the stupid orc found out exactly what information she had been selling about the gang she'd joined a couple of months back.
It had all been worth it, of course. The right word here, a cute smile there, and a few rumours had surfaced. The Shattered Sun Offensive of course kept records over the most prominent adventurers, and one of the guilds had indeed sparked her interest.
The Horde Watch.
Since then more and more of them seemed to be all around her. The paladin who'd claimed she smelled bad, the two... no, three, shamans, the elf who always tried to flirt with her, the troll with his luas and the somewhat silly druid girl who seemed to like to... pat her. They all wore the tabard with the tower on it, they were able fighters and menders, they were actually... rather kind. She smirked to herself. The elf was even kind of cute, with his long blonde hair and those green eyes. She had to take a deep breath to clear her head again, just to notice that she'd passed the flightmaster already. Cursing silently under her breath she started going over in her head what she would write them.

"To the honourable leaders and commanders of the Horde Watch.
My name is Meave Merholts, and I seek to..."

Swinging one leg over the saddle of the wyvern, muttering about how the fur would rub off on her dress, she pondered it all for a bit. It would work, it had to work! The Watch would be able to help her. She'd finally find the secret she so longed to discover, she'd be able to live again. If Kael'thas could come back from the dead - so could she.

Hello there!
After receiving words that you might accept more shadowpriests, I gathered up courage to finally post this. I will start off by apologising for the long application, and to explain that facemelting isn't all I'm interested in. Should your ranks be closed for raids and the likes I would gladly be a benchwarmer for a while, join in on rp-events and any random madness you can toss onto me. I might even be persuaded into healing easier stuff(gear covers Karazhan, skill covers Hogger) just for funs, but PvEwise shadow will always be my mainspecc.

Player Info

Name:
Anna

Playhours/Week:
~40

Availability for Raiding (Please note raiding is not required):
If noted in advance; most days apart from Friday/Saturday(which one varies from week to week).

Personal questions

Why do you want to join?
A strong respect for and influence on the rp-community paired with competent players, lack of preassure and good progress. I believe membership in THW would keep this game both enjoyable and interesting way beyond WotLK, not to mention half of my friendlist seems to be in your ranks these days.

Can you promise us that you stay loyal to the guild, and obey both the IC and the OOC rules?

Yes, and yes. For references; see below.

Which guilds were you previously in, and why did you leave them?
Sixty Thieves - This is the only previous guild for Meave. Left because of two reasons; a personal wish to see more pve and the character not quite fitting in. Haven't left them behind though, got a lowbie(lvl21) alt there instead. Joined them first with a rogue, Shabah, two years ago. Spent 1 year as an officer and the last 8 months as an advisor to the officers.
Discordia - This was not a guild-membership, but a raiding-alliance where Meave for some time joined them as a mercenary. This was put to an end as they went into hibernation.
Worth mentioning is also;
The Forsaken Legion/The Old Lordaeron - This was where I started three years ago. Had two characters in the guild; Cybele(warrior) and Edurne(mage). Spent 1˝ years as an officer. Guild disbanded due to the rp-state of the server.
La Danse Macabre - I currently keep an alt(Shaman, lvl36 atm) in here to play with some old friends and eventually do leisure pve. Will want to keep her there for the former reason.

Character Info

Name:
Meave
Armory
Be.Imba
My gemming is an ongoing project where I've tried to follow every socket-colour(spelldmg-bonuses makes me happy). Crit-ratings stacked high is fun, but as soon as I get a bit better stuff it will be exchanged for +haste.

Level:

Spec:
Shadow (14/0/47)
Armory - spec
(Lacking one point in Shadow Focus due to items/gems currently giving me more hit than I need to be topped up, also skipped Imp VE atm for aggro-reasons)

Professions:
Alchemy/herbalism 375/375, elixir-specced.

Raiding experience:
Pre-tbc; Everything apart from AQ40 and naxxramas
Post-tbc; Karazhan(full), ZA(full), Gruul(full), Magtheridon(full), TK(Void Reaver), SSC(Hydross), MH(Rage Winterchill)
Having raided as a hunter(pre-tbc), warrior(all), rogue and mage(post-tbc) before, I know more than one side of the tactics. I'm used to considering other classes/roles in the raid and to act accordingly.

Character reason for seeking membership and a brief description of character:
Meave started her forsaken days as so many others. She was infected by the grains, a simple teenage milkmaid in Trisfal, she'd never aspired to magic. She just knew enough about healing to help out on the farm. Death left her bitter, she denounced the Queen she was supposed to serve, and sought company with the outlaws. Well within the Sixty Thieves she started to study alchemy, convinced that her transformation into undeath was something that could be cured. Calling on the shadows her twisted views conjured she grew strong, learned more, and started to seek for more knowledge.
Hearing of Kael'thas Sunstrider and his supposed reanimation made her curious. If a simple magus can do something like that, she ought to be able to do it as well. This search for his secret has now led her to betraying the thieves, looking for stronger allies. Already having contacts in the Watch, knowing of their strength and having heard some rumours about Saul led her straight to you.

And finally. I do realise that this is awful timing on my behalf, but should I be accepted I would have to start my trial with absence, since my vacation stretches from the 22nd of August to the 4th of September. A sad fact, but one that can't be changed, as I'm not planning on bringing a computer to China for two weeks. Of course I understand that this isn't doing me any good with regards to being accepted, but I prefer to be frank.
Thank you for reading, and all the best.
Back to top Go down
Bohan

Bohan

Character sheet
The Horde Watch:

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined]   Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Meave.  Thank you for your application. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Lorath
General

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined]   Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:00 am

Hello Meave

This was a very nice application unfortunately we feel the guild especially the raiding side is quite bloated at the current time. We have been raiding a fair while with a reasonably consistent team in 25 man dungeons one that I don't feel we need to change in the current climate. If things change I will be in touch but with WoTLK coming up and with it an activity hike / people changing their roles we have closed all recruitment until we can reevaluate exactly what positions we have open.

Good luck looking elsewhere

Regards

Loath & the Officers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined]   Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadowpriest seeking a refuge. [Declined]
Page 1 of 1