The Horde Watch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horde Watch

World of Warcraft guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter Ten – Darkshire.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorath
General

Chapter Ten – Darkshire. Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Ten – Darkshire.   Chapter Ten – Darkshire. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:59 am

Lorath peered around Grom’Gol as he exited the Zeppelin tower, it seemed quite a few Watchers had turned up more than he had hoped in fact. Mhoghanis was standing by a large fire in the centre of town rambling something about power and death the usual stuff … The Undead Warlock would often refer to such things and the next moment be completely normal again.

Heading to the fire Lorath greeted the Watcher’s and was glad to see this time at least everyone had remembered their uniform the Order had been very specific about the Watch wearing their colour’s in battle. Lorath counted 17 of them in all a good figure for what was planned. There was a lot of idle chatter around the fire so much Lorath couldn’t hear much but fragments of each conversation, deciding it was time to prepare for the mission Lorath yelled:

“Watcher’s gather around and I shall tell you of our task this night!”

The Watcher’s stopped their conversations and gathered around. Everyone was silent except Faenia and Nianthil … As usual Faenia was talking about hair and makeup while Nianthil was busy mocking Zecht

“Will you two stop bickering?”

For a moment there was silence.

“Right.”

Continued Lorath

“Watcher’s now we have grown to the required level, the Order has requested we begin our search for Saul immediately! As you already know I saw the burial site of Saul in my visions but was unable to recognise which specific building or area it was in. I only know that it is underground and there is stonework some kind of crypt.”

Lorath paused

“Today we shall begin our search we will march to Darkshire and search all the buildings in the town and Duskwood, given the grim surroundings I think it’s a decent place to begin our true mission. Are there any questions?”

The Watcher’s were silent.

“Good, Watcher’s fall in and prepare to march!”

Lorath walked toward the Eastern entrance of Grom’Gol and asked Nianthil to take the second line. The Watcher’s had undergone the marching drill a few times but often it took a while to get organised, today however it was better. The two lines formed quickly and with that Lorath gave the order to move out. Stranglethorn was still as he remembered humid and uncomfortable with the sounds of insects everywhere, walking up the dirt paths a Troll walked by on her Raptor in the opposite direction. Lorath noticed she was wearing the colours of the Empire indeed things had not changed; thinking back at how far he had come it was barely six months ago that Lorath himself was just an apprentice of the Order fighting Trolls and crocodiles in the Vale.

Walking slowly across the wooden bridges in formation , the bridges swayed uneasily under the weight of the Watch, clashes of steel and distant explosions could be heard seemed the skirmishes for control of the Vale had not faltered either. As the patrol began to near Duskwood a sense of unease began to creep in, the eerie darkness and haunting trees slowly came into sight and Lorath stopped the patrol.

“From here we ride, mount up.”

With that the Watchers mounted and continued into Duskwood keeping their guards and wits sharp. Lorath could sense the stench of undead and necromancy since he had completed his training as a Blood Knight he was always aware when shadow and undead lurked around the corner even if he didn’t think about it. Increasing their pace the Watcher’s approached Darkshire.

“Here is our target Watcher’s. You know the drill just like in training. We shall charge in and search all the buildings kill any guard who stand in our way.”

Lorath looked around him, there seemed to be unease everywhere through the ranks probably something to do with the bleak surroundings and strange noises that could be heard deep in the forest.

“One”

“Two”

“Three”

“Charge!”

Lorath yelled. The Watch charged onwards to Darkshire at full speed and were met by at least a dozen Night Watch, a battle ensued. As the skirmish erupted in the centre of town Lorath looked around focusing his attention on the various buildings that made up Darkshire, Lorath sighed as he looked around unable to see something that looked familiar to him.

Searching building by building the Watch made their way through Darkshire until they came to the inn, Lorath noticed there was a set of stairs leading to a basement hidden around the back he couldn’t help but feel excited.
“To the basement”

He cried. As the Watcher’s dealt with the inn staff and guard they headed down into the basement. Lorath dropped to one knee and closed his eyes, to focus his thoughts.

“Lorath is this it? Is this the place?” Spoke Maraku.

Sighing Lorath opened his eyes and stood up once more.

“This is not the place from my vision …”

He paused for a moment.

“Watcher’s! We’ll do one more sweep, move!”

The town was becoming a warzone, several members of The Alliance has arrived from nearby Stormwind to aid in it’s defence but to Lorath’s surprise nothing that could withstand their onslaught. Once the Watch had swept the town one more time Lorath called for them to fall back what they were looking for wasn’t here.

Disappointed Lorath was about to call off the search when Mhoghanis stepped forward.

“Commander … I know a … place. I use it to gather “Reagents” for my experiments. I have a lab there. A huge crypt … but overrun with undead, perhaps it is worthy of our time? Perhaps your human is there.”

Lorath thought for a moment, well … They were already in Duskwood and perhaps the slightly mad Warlock could be right. It was worth a look.

“Lead on Mhoghanis”

Leaving Darkshire the Watch followed Mhoghanis who lead them to a huge cemetery at the most Western side of Duskwood. There were undead everywhere the sheer number of them numbed Lorath’s mind as he struggled to stay focused on the task at hand. The Warlock stopped outside of a great entrance to the tombs and pointed with his bony hand.

“Down here, Commander. You might want to keep your wits about you there are a lot of … not so dead things down here.”

Mhoghanis lead them onwards through the twisting chambers of the catacombs. At one stage even through a laboratory the stink was horrific but Mhoghanis was in his element Lorath wondered how long he had been away from his “Experiments.” Severed limbs and jars of organs lay everywhere along with old patches of dried blood.

“Dis place be creepy mon.” Muttered Jinxia through her plate helm.

Walking through a tight passage The Watch emerged in the Catacombs, alas Lorath could tell straight away this was not the place from his vision. The scale was huge … There must have been thousands buried here, as disappointment began to sink in once more Lorath sighed and said
“Let’s get out here, we are done for today.”

The Watch was more than happy to agree quickly exiting the Catacombs by the fastest route, with perhaps the exception of Mhoghanis who seemed rather sad to be leaving so soon.

As Dauzi and Thalina opened up portals to Shattrath Lorath thought they had at least achieved something, there was one less place to search.
Back to top Go down

Chapter Ten – Darkshire.
Page 1 of 1