The Horde Watch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horde Watch

World of Warcraft guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carthurg

Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined] Empty
PostSubject: Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined]   Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:11 am

Player Info

- Name:
Paul

Playhours/Week:
40+

Aviablility for Raiding
(Please note raiding is not required):
Any day besides Saturday

Personal questions

Why do you want to join?

I have a desire to raid with like minded people in a mature environment, that also follows the IC rules of the server. I also would like to get back into RP and THW seems like a fantastic place to do that Smile

Can you promise us that you stay loyal to the guild, and obey both the IC and the OOC rules?

I was in Violent Noise from start til very recently when it basically collapsed, so I would say I am loyal, yes Smile. Yes, I have always obeyed the RP ruleset of the server and I always intend to.

Which guilds were you previously in, and why did you leave them?

<Guild> - Second Gurubashi Empire (This was on Varska, my troll hunter (Previous main)) I wished to partake more in the raiding scene at the time.

<Guild> - Burning Dawn - This was back in the day when they just started raiding Molten Core, however I had to leave when the guild broke down, as almost everybody left

<Guild> - Violent Noise - I have been in this guild since Burning Dawn broke down back in the days of Kiki, and I have stayed with them through the thick and thin, but right now I feel that it's just not recovering from the recent set-back following the departure of our raid leader Otelo, and all those that followed him to make 'The Redeemed'.

<Guild> - Strength from Within - Guild that consists of people who left Violent Noise, but I don't feel it is the guild for me as it's just not very active.

Character Info

Name:
Carthurg

Level:

Spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hEczq0MsAotZxbjz0x - This is the spec that I use whilst raiding.

It carries the most important talents valued to an Elemental Shaman within a raid. The choices within resto are picked as even if I need to spot heal, I will generally use HW over LHW due to mana ineffiiciency, and the healing shouldn't be needed for too long, so I prefer the Healing Wave talent over the -5% mana cost on heals. Improved reincarnation is always helpful to have, as that mana boost upon revival (If used mid-boss fight) could mean a dead tank or a living one.

The gear choices, well, regretably they contain PvP gear, but I will justify this.

The gloves (S4 Gloves) beat the badge ones by quite a long shot, so out of T6 raids I have no way to replace them with a PvE Alternative.

Now the shoulders / chestpiece I am currently working towards replacing with badges (And they can be slightly tweaked and regemmed / reenchanted if I do not have a replacement soon for PvE purposes)

I do have some PvE bracers, but sadly the PvP bracers are better >_< (And as we speak i'm trying to get them enchanted Razz)

Ignore the Mana/per 5 in armory as well, it is not including unrelenting storm, I have about 100 mana per 5 with water shield using my PvE spec, which I find allows me sustain a good 10-11 minute boss fight in my current gear before starting to struggle whilst using pots (which are extremely easy to come by, alchemy ftw ;D)

I ran some tests on Dr Boom and ran DPS calculators such as recount and recap when doing Kara and ZA, and i've found that I do approximately 1100 DPS sustained in my current gear.

Character reason for seeking membership:

Carthurg enjoys the prospect of exploring the unknown with like minded souls, and has recently lost most of his previous ones to battle. He wishes to join a group of explorers and fighters to explore the depths of this world

Brief description of character:-

"There" Carthurg silently whispers into the wind, "It is complete".

The Orc walks into the center of the totem ring he has created upon the ground and sits down. He begins to cast various incantations and goes into a state of meditation for a brief period of time, before re-opening his eyes and greeting the spirit wolf in front of him.

"Show me" he says, signalling the spirit wolf to find something. The wolf quickly darts off in the opposite direction, and Carthurg follows suit. He was in the eastern plaguelands, trying to find a cure to the ground through the spirits. Although this was not usually his area of expertise, he currently had nothing to do and felt like making appropraite use of his time. After following the wolf for some time, it stops near the base of a cliff where a couple of minions of the scourge had gathered.

A few words and a couple of hand gestures later and a pile of bones remained. Carthurg walked over to find out what the spirit wolf was sniffing after, before dispersing. Along the ground, a single uncorrupted flower grew from the corrupted earth. Puzzled, Carthurg looked around the area to see if there was any other signs of pureness in the ground, but to no avail.

After studying the flower for a while, it slowly started to wilt and die. However, Carthurg was confused at how this uncorrupted flower had even come into existance within this wasteland. Again, he started the ritual to commune with spirits to continue his search...

EDIT: I do believe I forgot to include my armory link, deepest apologies: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias%20Brotherhood&n=Carthurg

Last edited by Carthurg on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nianthil
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined]   Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:04 am

Greetings, Carthurg and thank you for your application. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

- Nianthil
Back to top Go down
Lorath
General

PostSubject: Re: Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined]   Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:03 am

Hello Carthurg

Myself and the officers have decided to decline your application. As we do not currently have room for an elemental shaman for raiding ... However if you are looking for something more in WoTLK that is up for debate. Whisper me if you have anything to add!

Good luck looking elsewhere and all the best.

Regards,

Lorath and the Officers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined]   Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carthurg, an Elemental Shaman [Declined]
Page 1 of 1